All My Eggs In One Basket



Ok, not really; more like in several boxes. Alright, they're not even my eggs. I was at the Field Museum yesterday, and somebody had pulled out these boxes and trays of beautiful eggs. I couldn't resist a couple of shots with the iPhone. The subtleties and variation of color and pattern are lovely, no?

I'm off to Austin next week to be a guest artist at the Decoder Ring Design Concern making a print with them for their art screepnprint series. Speaking of new prints, I am still plugging away at the etching I have been doing with White Wings. I'll post more when I return, and get a Flickr page set up with images from the process.

In the meantime, a friend forwarded this interesting article about bird parasitism. There are some species of birds, such as cuckoos and cowbirds, that lay their eggs in the nests of other species. The article documents some of the more intricate dynamics of this relationship through photos. Here's the article, courtesy BBC Earth News.

Comments

  1. How beautiful! I wish I could rummage through all those boxes myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and fascinating! The BBC link is remarkable, thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts